Video Intro to Highways of the Mind

Monday, June 21, 2010

Insure Your Success

INSURE YOUR SUCCESS

Now let’s make another stop on the Minds Highway and learn what we can that will insure your success.

Withdrawal from any substance such as alcohol, medications and mind altering drugs, often triggers a deep and traumatic depression. If you have had deep depression or have been close to someone who has, you know that it cannot be lifted at will or wished away. It has to be dealt with by eliminating the cause. Taking this step can make all the difference and I’m here to help show you the way. God has given me the tools, now I’m giving them to you so let’s use them.

We Know that snapping out of a deep depression isn’t easy...However with the proper tools to change your way of thinking you can help the sufferer, whether it be you or somebody else. Here’s where learning comes into practice. You must have the proper knowledge to apply the solution. Let’s take a look at what triggers depression. First the unconscious mind will bring to the surface many of the stressful events that are experienced by the sufferer. There seems to be a direct relationship among stressful situations and our mind and body's reaction to stress, and the onset of depression. It is more than likely that either positive or negative events become a crisis that precedes depression. There’s a theory that surmises an initial depressive episode can spark changes in the brain's chemistry that make it more prone to developing future episodes of depression. This may be compared to using kindling wood to spark the flames of a campfire. Since early episodes of depression make a person more sensitive to developing depression, even minute stress situations can lead to later depressive episodes. Withdrawal from the substance used in an abusive way can be the factor likely to induce a depressive episode.

Now that we know what causes stress. What can we do about it? One of the most effective methods that I use is a pen and paper or the keyboard on my computer. Writing a story or even a letter to a make believe person, can relieve ongoing sources of stress.

I have outlined an exercise that works for me and will work for you or anyone else if use conscientiously for 15 minutes at a setting over the course of several days. We are going to use subliminal messages in the written form for this depression exercise. Before I give you the exercise I want to introduce you to subliminal messages.

Subliminal Messages

I have used subliminal messages throughout my entire text. If you don’t know what a subliminal message is. Let me explain; self hypnosis, auto-suggestion, meditation and reminiscing are steps that I use to help you feed positive messages into your subconscious mind, messages that can later be fed to your conscious mind. However subliminal messages fed into your subconscious mind bypassing your conscious mind give me a certain amount of control. It is my educated opinion that by capturing your attention with an interesting article, phrase or word I can make your mind susceptible to embedded messages. By reading my book you are unconsciously opening your mind to suggestion. All I have to do is capture that moment and feed positive thoughts into your mind. I’ve spent countless hours perfecting this method and I know that by putting the right power words and phrases in the right places I can transmit my thought to your thought. Since the object of my intention is to change your negative thoughts into positive thoughts I’ve hidden subliminal message all through my text.

Perception of subliminal messages is a type of subconscious cognition. Unlike unconscious tasks such as listening to one voice out of many in a crowded room or keeping track of a certain sound in a noisy environment, subliminal message cognition cannot be done consciously. A simple example would be breathing It isn’t necessary to be aware of one’s breathing, it is a normal reaction. Proponents of the power of subliminal messages claim they gain influence or power from the fact that they can avoid the critical functions of the conscious mind, and therefore subliminal suggestions are potentially more powerful than ordinary suggestions. Of course all of this is my conjecture but if it works (and it does) don’t knock it. I honestly feel that if you were to read my book over and over many times that you would find the success you are seeking.

"The Ambiguity Principle maintains that ambiguities constructed carefully can be tools of subliminal persuasion. Therefore when a stimulus has two meanings, and one resonates with a repressed emotion, the negative meaning is repressed the same way that the emotion is repressed. The repressed meaning will influences the subject on a subliminal or unconscious level. It is my presumption that the Ambiguity Principle and subliminal messages work hand in hand.

Here is how it works, subliminal messages give positive affirmations and send them directly to the subconscious mind, bypassing the more critical conscious mind. The subconscious then follows these commands to produce powerful and exciting changes in the way that you think, quicker than anything you can imagine

Subliminal power works by inserting positive thoughts in hidden power words while you are reading my text. My messages are completely unobtrusive; in fact, you probably won't even notice most of them even though I’ve made you aware. It's as though your core being and thought processes have been transformed - and you're beginning to feel more freedom and comfort with each reading.

Your subconscious will take my powerful suggestions and begin to make lasting changes in your life. You'll become more contented and less vulnerable.

In theory one can influence behavior by secretly appealing to the subconscious mind with words and images. There is a popular belief that subliminal messages are a bunch of nonsense and there's no empirical support for their usefulness Advertisers have tried to manipulate consumer behavior by hiding subliminal messages in their ads. There have been claims that they work but no evidence to substantiate theses claims. There is still a great amount of research to be done in this area but let me assure you subliminal messages do work. I use them all the time in my book and in my exercises…

Be successful and use positive affirmations and positive visualizations to send subliminal messages to your subconscious mind. I’ve given you several simple but powerful exercises that work. However, there are many factors which affect the effectiveness of subliminal messages. Always refer to yourself as the first person using the pronouns I or me. Your message should always be in the present tense and you should always be positive never be negative, Prompt your mind about the things you do want take care not to remind it of the things you do not want. For example when making a recording for self suggestion never say, “I do not want or I am not” this will leave a negative and unproductive image in the mind. Of course this would apply to written messages as well as recorded messages. You should experiment for yourself and it is best to personalize the messages to yourself and your own situation. Your subconscious mind works in the present only so the messages should be in the present tense.

Here’s what a good and a bad example is when using your own subliminal messages:



Good: You should use the first person (I am successful and happy), current tense (I am successful and happy), positive affirmations (I am successful and happy).
(This positive affirmation would have a direct impact on the image which your mind will conjure up when you read the message).



Bad: You should be careful not to use negative affirmations (I am not unhappy) because these remind you of negative thoughts.
(This negative affirmation would leave an unhelpful image in your subconscious mind.)

Let’s do the simple writing exercise using positive subliminal messages. Write for 15 minutes and repeat the exercise everyday for the next 5 days. When writing about an affirmation use this example; “I am happy and I feel wonderful and stress free.” I like to do a simple visualization exercise before starting the writing exercise it relaxes my mind and gives me responsive feelings.

Use this simple exercise to relieve or get rid of depression. Start by sitting comfortably in front of your keyboard or at the desk where you are writing. Make sure the room is quiet. Breathe deeply for a few minutes. Now picture yourself in a place that conjures up good memories. Smell the heavy scent of roses on a hot summer day, the crisp fall air and the wholesome smell of baking bread. Hear the sounds of the birds singing and the gentle breezes blowing through the leaves on the trees. Drink in the colors and shapes that surround you. Focus on sensory pleasures: the whisper of a gentle wind; the cool grass tickling your feet and the salty smell and rhythmic beat of the ocean. Passively observe intrusive thoughts, and then gently disengage from them to return to the world you’ve created. Now start writing…



(1) Choose the most stressful event or problem you currently face. It’s usually one that you frequently dwell upon.

(2) If your current problems stem from past circumstance, write about traumatic events

(3) Don’t hold anything back, let it all out. Write down everything you feel and why you feel the way you do.

(4) Write for you not to please others.

(5) Don’t worry about proper English, grammar or sentence structure.

(6) Keep writing until your allotted time is used up.

When you first sit down to write about a problem, you may have an anxious feeling about your problem so your first attempt may not work. Once the wound is exposed, it may initially hurt more than it did when it was hidden. But continuing to write about the same problem over the course of several days will enable you to work through your difficult emotions and resolve or find a solution.

Writing about emotional issues can make a difference in your physical condition as well as your emotional condition. Releasing bottled-up feelings can relieve the stress that raises blood pressure, heart rate, and muscle tension.

If you feel helpless and believe that most things are beyond your control this exercise will work wonders…


There is no need for you to spend the rest of your life in the Gray World. My intentions to help you move to the Real World are deeply Imbedded and Sincere. If someone had just come to me and said they were a victim stress or depression, I would really want them to know that there is a way out and that they could be helped, that they would get better, that they should avail themselves with an open mind to all of the options, get plenty of exercise, eat well, surround themselves by supportive people and keep on keeping on.

I love to write and I read a lot and it’s through books and written material that I find the secrets to success. You may scoff when I suggest Napoleon Hills “Think and Grow Rich” as a bible that will definitely aid in the complete success of your dreams and ambitions, but let me assure you it works and so does “The Power of Positive Thinking” by Norman Vincent Peale.

By understanding and applying the thirteen simple steps that constitute Hill's formula, you can: achieve your goals, change your life, and join the ranks of rich and famous. Napoleon Hill uncovers the secret to great wealth based on the notion that if you can learn to think like the rich, you can start to behave like them.

Here is a list of a few of things that we covered while traveling along the Highway of the Mind.

(1) Do a complete overhaul of your mind and change your way of thinking. With me as a passenger and you as the driver you definitely will find the answers and solutions you seek. Open your mind, get a clear picture of your problem, find the solution, and stick to your guns. You now have the keys that will start the vehicle that will drive you to the cure. Remember I’ve been there, suffered the same that you’ve suffered, felt the same pain, and I can help. Don’t hesitate to ask!

(2) Set your goals and make a definite plan to achieve them. Write them down and post them where you can review them daily. Again, take positive action; don’t let anything or anyone change your direction.

(3) Schedule a time to use auto and self suggestion, everyday. Don’t put off what you can do today. Make new habits and don’t procrastinate.



(4) You can become the Master of Your Destiny if you use honesty and integrity as a guide line. Don’t blame others for your weaknesses and failures. Everything that has happened to you has happened at your own accord. It was your decision to become what you have become no one else’s. It’s time to stand on your own two feet and take full responsibility for your actions.

(5) Use the relaxation steps I outlined for you to put yourself in a hypnotic state to use auto and self suggestion. Make sure you are completely relaxed before you start feeding your mind. It may take several times before it becomes effective but don’t give up it really works.

(6) Use repetition and retention to amplify your senses. Learn to meditate at least once a week, more if so desired. Meditation will renew old goals and aspirations; it will also recapture old strengths and moral beliefs.

(7) Keep yourself physically fit by taking long walks, working in your yard, participating in a sport, working out in a gym and anything that keeps you moving. Keep yourself nutritionally fit by eating the right foods, taking vitamins, drinking several glasses of water or juice and eat small amounts several times daily. Keep everything in moderation.


(8) Practice unconditional love. Join in community events. Schedule everything we’ve covered and keep it up on a daily basis. Constantly work on changing your way of thinking. Remember there’s no such thing as impossible, everything is possible.

(9) Review, review, and keep reviewing.



(10) I’ve covered all the important issues and if you follow my outline you will enjoy the freedom to be whatever you want to be..

We live daily in the midst of all manner of thoughts and ideas, impulses that are reaching our subconscious mind. Some of these impulses are positive, some are negative, and if we don’t feed our mind daily with positive thoughts then negative thoughts will reach our subconscious mind without our knowledge. All this time, (with written word) without your knowledge, I presume, I have been feeding your mind with positive thoughts and ideas. I know I have you reading my material, but until you have accepted my methods and actually put them to practice; I want to eliminate as many negative impulses as possible. I have several hidden messages throughout my written word which are primarily meant to reach your subconscious mind.

TODAY I SMILED

Today I smiled, and all at once
Things didn't look so bad.
Today I shared with someone else,
A bit of hope I had.

Today I sang a little song,
And felt my heart grow light,
And walked a happy little mile,
With not a cloud in sight.

Today I worked with what I had
And longed for nothing more,
And what had seemed like only weeds,
Were flowers at my door.

Today I loved a little more
And complained a little less,
And in the giving of myself,
I forgot my weariness.

You can return to where you were in the real world if that’s at all possible. Or you can start with a clean sheet and put a new career with an attentive solution to a new and exciting lifestyle into your life. If you want to wake up and appreciate each moment for what it is, then I suggest we start with a clean sheet. I found out late in life that if you want to be truly successful at what you do for a living it’s much better if you are in business for yourself.

When I recovered from alcoholism I went to work for a large corporation as an engineer. I worked for them for over 10 years then was forced to retire because my health wasn’t quite up to par. They laid me off without any benefits and it didn’t take long to go through my life savings. Prior to my drinking career I had my own business and I made enough money to raise my family with all the comforts life has to offer. I’m relaying this information to you because I don’t want what happened to me to happen to you. I constantly hear that money isn’t everything, but let me be blunt, money buys everything but love. And do you want to know something, even love is lost if it isn’t fed and nourished, housed and sheltered. Like I said I found out late in life but it’s never too late.

If you have a profession, and you love your profession then let us makes you the best at whatever you do. If your chosen occupation is beneath your abilities then let’s find you a position that meets and requires your talents. If you’re the kind of individual that doesn’t like the responsibility of running a business and would rather work for somebody else then let’s find you a company that pays a decent salary and gives you a good monetary retirement. With the knowledge that you have received from my book, and just a little bit of my help, you can do anything you set your mind to and be anything that you want to be.

I know that to be a fact because I’ve done it. I’m 72 years old, I started my own businesses two years ago and now I’m happy, successful and financially free. Here, in the second part of my book I offer you the same opportunity. It’s a chance to have all things you deserve and all the best things in life. It’s your chance to be in the best business on earth. This is not conjecture, it is a fact!

No comments:

Post a Comment